A perfect weekend getaway in Maine, on this two day self guided bike tour cycling through Acadia National Park and it's surrounding coastline. Starting and ending in the vibrant town of Bar Harbor.
Average Daily Distance: 36 miles
Average Daily Elevation Gain: 2198 feet
Terrain: 98% paved roads / 2% unpaved roads (hard packed gravel surface)
Recommended Bike Type: Road / E-Bike / Gravel / Touring
Route Type: Loop ride (start and finish is the same location)
Best Months: June / July / August / September
- Discover the fun & funky town of Bar Harbor with it's lively atmosphere.
- Get in touch with nature riding the zero traffic "carriage roads" in the pristine Acadia National Park.
- Explore Northeast Harbor, a gem where coastal living mixed with art galleries blend together.
- Bass Harbor Head Lighthouse an iconic lighthouse on the island.
- Ride on the calmer side of the island following the coastline, filled with charm and natural beauty.
Day 1 Bar Harbor to Southwest Harbor
The starting point of this trip is Bar Harbor, a lively town in Mt. Desert Island from where you will ride southwards till you hit the beautiful coastline of this island and than inland to enjoy and discover some of the best spots of the Acadia National Park riding the unpaved carriage roads on your way to Southwest Harbor.
Day 2 Southwest Harbor to Bar Harbor
From Southwest Harbor you ride back to Bar Harbor on different roads and enjoying a different landscape from yesterday, including beautiful Bass Harbor Head Lighthouse, riding close to the shore going in a clock wise direction.